1. Log into the UltraDNS Portal
2. Click Domains
3. Then click the domain you want to add Traffic Controller Pool to.
4. Under A records Click Add Pool
5. Under Host: Type the name of the pool you want to create
6. Points to: Enter the IP you want to add
7. Select Pool Type: Select Traffic Controller
8. Click Save
9. It will say you are adding a new A record for a hostname that already exists.
10. Select Pool type: Select Traffic Controller again
11. Click Save
Now we need to add probes and email notifies.
Adding HTTP Probes
1. Click Probe Definitions
2. Click Add Probe
3. Select Probe Type: HTTP
4. Select Host Select Host: Pool Level
5. Select Probing Regions: Select the areas you wish to probe from.
6. Probe Interval: Select how often you the probe to run.
7. Under HTTP Probe Transactions:
8. Click Add
9. Under URL: Enter URL you wish to monitor. (http://example.com)
10. Follow Redirect: YES
11. Expected HTTP Response: 2XX|3XX
12. Click Done
13. Click Save Probe
1. Click Notifications
2. Click Add Notification button
3. Under Email List: Enter all the email addresses you want to get notified.
4. Click Save